Using Google Analytics you are able to keep track of how well Channel.me is performing on your website. In this document we will be covering how you can find your Google Analytics information. It is assumed that you have a Google account and have linked your site to Google Analytics.
Logging into Google Analytics:
When you open the Google Analytics page you can click the Sign In button in the top right:
Select Google Analytics and enter your login information.
Navigating to your Site Data:
Once you have logged in you will see a screen resembling something like this:
Simple click the site you wish to review data for. Now on the left click the following links:
Behaviour -> Events -> Overview
Now under Top Events, click Event Action.
Here you can already start to see the data for your site:
Reviewing Your Site Data:
If you now click View Full Report you will have a nice overview of the events that have occurred on your site. Below is a description of the events that belong to Channel.me with a description of each. Note that depending on your site the list of events may be very long.
- chat_button_offline – The number of times a visitor opens the page and no agents are online.
- chat_button_online – The number of times a visitor opens the page and agents are online.
- proactive_chat_request_open – The number of times the proactive chat window opens.
- chat_request_sent – The number of times the chat widget is opened. This includes the proactive chat request open.
- cobrowsing_session_started – The number of times a co-browse session is started.
- cobrowsing_session_stopped - The number of times a co-browse session is stopped.
- chat_request_accepted – The number of times an agent has accepted a chat request.
- chat_request_open – The number of initial chats sent to agents to be accepted.
- chat_conversation_stopped – The number of times an agent has stopped a chat.
In the case you have many events in your list you can use the search feature to find events that are related to Channel.me:
As a final note, it is important to realise that the data shown on Google Analytics is NOT live. There is generally a delay from the actual clicks on the site to what you see on Google Analytics.
Contact SupportMonday - Friday / 9:00 - 17:00 Amsterdam
- Chat with Support 30sec response time
30min response time
- +31 20 68 16 734
1min response time