If you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to handle live chat, you can enable Desktop Notifications to help you manage your chats. In this article we will provide information on how to enable this feature for both browsers. Please be aware that Internet Explorer does not support desktop notifications. We recommend using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
The steps needed to enable Desktop Notifications for Chrome can be found here:
For Firefox enabling Desktop Notifications is slightly more involved. It is managed per page and so this action is to be done on the agent screen when you are logged into www.channel.me/account
1. With the Channel.me agent screen open, right click on the page and select View Page Info
2. At the top of the dialog that has now appeared, select Permissions
3. Scroll down until you see Receive Notifications
4. Set this option to Allow and close the Page Info screen
You will now receive notifications from the agent screen. Note that notifications will only be shown if your browser does not have the focus (i.e the browser is minimized or another application/window is selected) at the moment a new chat or message arrives.
If you have any other questions regarding this feature, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Channel.me Support chat button on the agent screen.
Contact SupportMonday - Friday / 9:00 - 17:00 Amsterdam
- Chat with Support 30sec response time
30min response time
- +31 20 68 16 734
1min response time